Various members of our professional staff have been with KinderHaus over the past 3-22 years! This consistency allows families peace of mind throughout the day knowing that their child is safe, loved and being taken care of as if they were our own, because when your child is with KinderHaus, they are!
Our children are supervised at all times, receiving as much individual attention as possible. Caregivers and teachers are given scheduled breaks on a rotating basis to help ensure they are always energetic and attentive.
|< 15 months||3/1||6|
* Classrooms for 3-5-year-olds are always staffed with two teachers.
Our staff are hired in compliance with state requirements and qualifications as a base minimum. Typical staff certifications are:
|Teacher||Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education OR Associates Degree with at least 24 semester credit hours in Early Childhood Education||2 years|
|Teacher Assistant/Aide||Child Development Associate Credential||1 year|
All staff in licensed District of Columbia child care facilities are required to participate in drug and alcohol testing and a criminal background check. Our staff undergo:
- FBI Criminal Background Check
- Metropolitan Police Department Criminal Background Check
- Child Protection Register Check
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
The District of Columbia mandates the Child and Youth Safety and Health Act of 2005 (CYSHA), also found in Chapter 39 of the D.C. Personnel Manual, also found in OSSE Regulation 313.3 (e) for every licensed center of school.
KinderHaus is committed to raising the bar for education and innovation for our teachers, while embracing technology and finding new ways to enrich the curriculum so that children fully enjoy their first formative years. Every member of the staff strives to provide experiences that parents and children will remember fondly in the years to come.
Every member of our staff is certified in pediatric first aid and CPR and completes courses in all these areas of continuing education annually:
- Child abuse and neglect, prevention, detection and reporting
- Prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma
- Identification, approach and referral to appropriate support services students who show signs of psychological distress
- Emergency preparation and response planning for emergencies resulting from a natural disaster or human-caused event
- Prevention of and response to emergencies due to food and allergic reactions
- Pediatric first aid and CPR
- Developmentally appropriate programming for infants, toddlers, preschool and/or school-age children
- Building and physical premises safety, including identification of and protection from hazards that can cause bodily injury
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases, including immunization
- Poison prevention, including the handling and storage of hazardous materials and appropriate disposal of bio contaminants
- Administration of medication, consistent with standards for parental guardian consent
- Prevention of sudden infant death syndrome and use of safe practices
Amenities Furnished at KinderHaus
- Personalized crib (for infants) or cot (for children)
- Cubby for extra clothes
- Refrigerator space for baby bottles and food
- Kitchen shelf space for nonperishable foods
- Bottle warmers
- Microwave to warm lunch items
- Snacks and meals (including options for allergies and dietary restrictions) for children over age 1 from Good Food Company
- Daily laundering of sheets and blankets
- Birthday parties (including cupcakes and party hats)
- Lessons in Spanish and music when public health conditions permit
Brightwheel is an easy-to-use mobile application our parents may download for many convenient interactions with KinderHaus, including applying for admission. Each enrolled child has a profile that includes teacher observations, photos and videos, as well as developmental milestones that are recorded and linked to D.C. Early Learning Standards.
Additional Brightwheel features include:
- Touchless daily check-in and check-out via QR code and digital signature
- Quick daily morning COVID-19 checklist
- Monthly lesson plans you can follow daily and discuss with your child
- Secure messaging to/from teachers and administrators
- Seamless uploading of required health forms and vaccination records
- Upcoming vaccination reminders
- Convenient payments to KinderHaus via check or credit card
- Accessibility to statements, invoices and tax documents
- Waitlist status (as applicable)